Are you aware that Ignorance in Finance Management will turn out to be a costly affair and business may not even exist to repent about it?
If you are a Non-Finance Executive struggling to understand Financial matters, and you are keen on understanding accounting and financial matters revolving around Sales, Purchases, Asset Acquisitions, Fundraising, so you can take better decisions in your organisation, then this course will enable you to do so!
This course will enable the employees to make critical business decisions involving cost-savings, budgets, new projects decisions, growth strategies and so on. Participants are able to understand and analyse financial statements as well as grasp the basic fundamentals of finance and accounting.
Since every corporate has its own time limitations and owns Learning and Development requirements, the curriculum for the program can be defined according to the requirements explained by the L&D team. The unique curriculum will be meticulously designed to hone the financial skills of the team.
The program curriculum for Finance for Non-Finance can be drafted from the following topics:
• Financial Statements
• Revenue COGS, Operating Income, EBITDA, D&A, SG&A, Assets,
• Understanding Liabilities, Equity, Cash Flows etc
• Top Line vs. Bottom Line Accounting Profit vs. Cash
• Revenue Exps (Opex) vs. Capital Exps (Capex)
• Operating, Investing and Financial Activities
• Key Ratios and Performance metrics (Profitability, Liquidity, Leverage, Efficiency etc)
• Extended Dupont Analysis (Identifying Value Creation)
• Sector/Industry Specific Performance Indicators
• The Life Cycle of Income and Cash Flows (Start-Ups vs. Growth Firms vs. Cash Cows vs. Declining Firms)
• Leverage and Coverage Ratios; Borrowing Need and Capacity Assessment (Credit Analysis)
• Operating Leverage and Financial Leverage (Value creation through Operational & Financial Engineering)
• Capital Budgeting: Evaluating Financial Feasibility of Projects
• ROI, NPV, IRR and Payback Period Analysis
• Decision Making Examples:
a. Working Capital Management and Operating Cycle (Inventory, Debtors and Creditors)
b. Breakeven Analysis, Make or Buy, Product Mix, Cost Optimization etc.
c. Capital Structure Decisions and Impacts
• Art of Projecting Financials (Identifying Revenue & Cost Drivers)
• Translating Anticipated Business Events into Projections
• Various Costs (Fixed, Variable, Direct, Indirect, Sunk, Opportunity etc.)
• Fixed Vs. Flexible Budgets, Zero based Budgeting etc. (Types of Budgets)
• Budgetary Control Process
a. Variance analysis (Budget vs. Actual: – who is responsible?)
b. Identifying and resolving budgeting variances
• Debt vs. Equity Financing
• Risk Free Rate
• Historical Risk and Return
• The Equity Risk Premium
• Beta and the Cost of Equity
• Credit Ratings and Quality Spreads
• Estimating the Cost of Debt
• Putting it All Together as the WACC (Weighted Average Cost of Capital
• Time Value of Money
• Compounding and Earning Returns Over Time
• Basic Principals of Valuation and Discounting
• Discounting Future Cash Back to the Present
• Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) as the Basis for All Valuation6m
• DCF Practical Example
• Valuation by Comparables
a. Examples and Applications: Bonds
b. Examples and Applications: Mortgages
c. Examples and Applications: Annuities
d. Examples and Applications: Capstone Example
Analyse the Importance of Finance
This course will open up the logic behind the need for 'Effective Finance Management for Organizational Betterment'.
We believe in ‘Learning by Doing’ and place utmost importance on the practical understanding of the subject matter. MENTORSHIP
Industry experts from leading companies
They will advise and mentor employees in their journey towards understanding financial management and its importance in practical life. We have a dedicated, who you can approach at any time to clear any doubts about the industry or your career prospects
Comprehensive Learning Sessions
Certification programs include at least 8 hours of training and assessment exams post-training.
The certification exam format includes 50 MCQs to be completed in 60 minutes.
Mr. Arpit Gupta is an alumnus of the coveted IIM Lucknow, Batch of 2013 where he specialized in Finance and Marketing. Mr Gupta has a rich industry experience of more than 10 years and more than 3 years experience as a Financial Literacy Coach.
His areas of expertise include:
Yes, the employees will be benefitted in various ways and this program will enable them to understand Financial Planning and help them make sound financial decisions.
The duration of the entire program varies between 1 hour to 32 hours which can be designed as per the company’s demand.
No, the curriculum can also be adjusted as per the requirements of the company.
The pricing will be decided after, deciding the curriculum and duration of the program by the company and Cerebro Kids.
The Financial Literacy Academy